Mommy Hacks To Improve Efficiency
Let's face it as a mom we are always trying to figure out how to maximize our time to make our lives easier and ensure we're doing the most important things.
Note: I would love more ideas (and so would all of the moms reading I am sure!), so please add your most life-changing hacks in the comments!
1. Wake up earlier than your spouse and kids. Thought it doesn't always happen, I usually get up before my husband and kids wake up. During this time I pray, think, read, and take care of some things before the hustle-and-bustle of the morning begins.
2. Keep an all-in-one cleaner in your purse or diaper bag. I'm not a fan of using antibacterial soaps or hand sanitizers. That being said, there are times when we're out and don't have access to a sink. I always keep these wipes on hand in my diaper bag and usually have some in the car also. They double as hand wipes, stain removers, and I use them to wipe down surfaces at restaurants airports, and the carts at supermarkets.
3. Use bins and baskets for storage. I use baskets and containers to store hats, gloves, socks, and other random items.
4. Leave extra clothes, diapers, blankets, etc in the car. Never know when you'll need them.
5. Bag up items that aren't being used and donate them. We tend to accumulate a lot of stuff. I think it's a good idea to periodically do an inventory of items that aren't being used.
6. Use a menstural cup. I know, I know...it's a bit unconventional. I really wish I would've been exposed to one much sooner. It is much safer to use than pads and tampons. Also, it only has to be changed every 12-24 hours. Also, you can do your regular activities without even noticing it (as long as it's in correctly). It also saves you money on buying feminine products because this is all you'll need. I've tried this one: Diva Cup (made for women who have not had children), and Diva Cup 2 (for women who have had children), but my favorite is the Luna Cup. The Luna cup comes with beautiful storage cases.
*Tip if it's uncomfortable try turning it inside out.
7. Foaming hand soap
I have found that we go through soap much slower using foaming hand soap verses regular soap. Here's the one we use -Beesentials. They have a few different scents.
What mommy hacks have you found? Please share in the comments section.